Get rid of mosquitoes in your yard with
Rest Easy Mosquito Plan
Innovative Green Mosquito Control. Reducing the mosquito population while reducing chemical usage.
Killing mosquitoes where they breed. We use their reproduction habits to reach otherwise unreachable breeding sites.
Environmentally friendly. Our mosquito plan creates an environment where your family and pet can enjoy your backyard and lawn.
Aedes Aegypti Mosquito Facts
Aedes mosquitoes can rapidly spread mosquito-borne viral diseases such as Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever and Zika virus.
They are difficult to diagnose and treat, so mosquito control is the only option to stop transmission.
Aedes mosquitoes are difficult to control as they have a unique egg-laying behavior: they spread their eggs over several small breeding sites to minimize risks for their offspring. They have also become resistant to chemical insecticides.
Mosquito Trap: Larvicide Auto-Dissemination
The In2Care® Mosquito Trap attracts and kills Aedes females with novel green ingredients that target both mosquito larvae and adults.
Because of Aedes mosquitoes’ egg-laying behavior (they like to divide their eggs over multiple breeding sites), we exploit this nature by contaminating the female mosquito body and letting them fly out of the trap while carrying larvicide on their legs.
In this way, small cryptic breeding can be effectively controlled.
How Does It Work
- When we come to your home, we will do an inspection of your property and identify the best places to place our traps. We will also be able to identify and remove (if possible) any current conducive breeding sites we can find.
- We will then place the mosquito traps in your yard at a recommended density and then maintain them every 4 weeks. Mosquito Season is typically from April to October in the New York Area.
- The traps are made of durable plastic and use water with an odor lure to attract egg-laying Aedes mosquitoes. These mosquitoes typically bite during the day and use multiple breeding sites which helps with overall reduction of mosquitoes on your property.
- Once inside our traps, mosquitoes contact the specially treated gauze near the water surface and get contaminated with a larvicide and a fungus.
- The larvicide makes it so that any eggs that are in that trap will never survive.
- The fungus is purposely slow-acting so that the mosquito will die, but not before it transports the larvicide and contaminates several breeding sites around the trap and your home.
Call Rest Easy Pest Control
Getting protection started is easy! Simply contact us to go over your property’s needs, get pricing, determine your schedule for the season, get treated, and utilize your property with peace of mind!
Terms & Condition for Rest Easy Mosquito Plan:
We offer a suite of mosquito control and tick control services, many of which are green and organic in nature; our annual program starts with an initial charge of $150 and then a recurring fee of $39.99 for the next 11 months, and it includes mosquito and tick coverage throughout the year; please call for further details.